Egyptian Fish Sayadia:
Egyptian Fish Sayadia Recipe: it is a main dish, and it contains fish and basmati rice, also you can serve this dish with green salad, or with fish broth.
Preparation: 120 minutes
Servings: 6 persons
100 g. butter
1 pack of aromatic herbs (1 leek, some thyme, 1 bay laurel, some parsley)
Aromatic vegetables (200 g. onions, 9 garlic cloves, 200 g. leek, 250 g. carrot, 150 g. mushroom)
2 kg. Fish bones, Locos
Spices (1 tsp. anise star, 1 tsp. coriander, 1 tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. black pepper, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 pieces carnation, 6 pieces cardamom)
3 liters water
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. lemon juice
100 ml. white grapes juice
Make Fish Sayadia:
1 kg. Locos or Hamour fish, cut into rings and add the extra fish quantity to broth.
3 cups basmati rice, washed and soaked for 20 minutes and drained.
5 cups fish broth
Pine, baked (optional)
130 g. butter
1 tbsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. cumin
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper (optional)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
6 onions, cut into slices
Corn oil, for frying
1 ½ l fish broth
½ tsp. black pepper
Lemon juice (optional)
1 tbsp. butter, before serving
Sayadia Fish Rice Recipe:
Preparing fish broth:
- Heat the oven at 220 degrees.
- Add fish bones, onion and half quantity of butter in a grilling pan and grill the mixture until it becomes cooked.
- Pour the remaining quantity from butter in a pot over high heat and leave to be cooked. Add all vegetables and cook for 12 minutes until it becomes a bit cooked.
- Add cooked fish bones; add white grapes juice and lemon juice. Remove frying leftovers over low heat, so the juices can contain all dark masses in the bottom of the pot and help it be molten. Remove the mixture into pressure pot.
- Add water, salt, spices and aromatic packages then leave the mixture to boil. Remove the bubbles on the surface. Cover the mixture and cook over low heat for half an hour, then uncover the pot and bring to a boil over low heat for 30 minutes. Drain the broth.
Cooking the rice:
- Fry the onions until it becomes golden.
- Keep half of the quantity of fried onions for garnishing. Add the remaining quantity of fish broth to the fried onions and leave the mixture to boil for 30 minutes. Drain and keep the broth.
- Take cups of fish broth o cook the rice and to use the remaining quantity in cooking the sauce.
- Put the butter in the pot and melt it until it becomes golden. Add the rice and fry for 4 minutes. Add spices and season the rice with salt and pepper. Add fish broth, cover and leave over low heat for about 13 minutes.
- Cook the fish with some fish broth and cook for about 6 minutes until the tastes mixes together.
- To prepare the sauce, take the best half quantity of broth, season with salt and pepper then add lemon juice to the mixture. Add butter before serving.
- Putt the rice in a large serving plate and put the fish over its surface. Garnish with fried onions and pine. Serve with the sauce as a side.