Preparation Time : 11-15 minutes
Cooking time : 16-20 minutes
Servings : 4
Aloo Matar is a delicious Indian recipe. It is extremely easy to cook. It mainly comprises of potatoes and green peas. Served along with roti or pranthas, it is an ideal meal during any time of the day.
- 4 boiled Potatoes 1 cm cubes
- Blanched Green peas 1 1/4 cups
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger julienne 1 inch piece
- Green chili slit 1
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per requirement
- Fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
Method of preparation
- Put oil in a pan and place it over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds in the pan.
- Add ginger and green chili, when the seeds start to crackle.
- Stir and fry for a minute.
- Put green peas and potatoes in the fry pan.
- Stir and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder to the pan.
- Stir and fry over low heat until the spices mix well with the vegetables.
- Add salt and garam masala
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve along with roti or prantha.