We will talk today about a very delicious dessert Gulab Jamun, this traditional dessert is very popular in India, west Asia and I personally enjoyed it a lot in middle east. Because of the history of this dessert a lot of people serve it in Festivals and it suits all special occasions including weddings, anniversaries and festivals.
2 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoon powdered flour
1 liter milk
5 teaspoon powdered black cardamom
1 cup sunflower oil
Direction to Make Milk Gulab Jamun
This is the Traditional way to make gulab jamun So follow preciously
Preparing Gulab Jamun:
- Boil the milk in a pan while Stirring, until reduced by 50% and thick(keep stirring it well along).
- After it reduce %50 you can Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Then add Flour, cooking soda, cardamom powder to the thickened milk(keep stirring while you add flour until it make batter).
- After mixing well you can form small balls of the mixture.
Deep-Frying Gulab Jamun:
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a deep frying pan.
- Then fry the prepared jamun balls until it turn golden brown then remove it quickly before it get darker( otherwise it will have a little bitter taste).
Preparing and Applying Sugar Syrup:
- Add water to the sugar and boil the mixture and keep stirring
- After it reaches one-string consistency then remove it from heat.
- Before the syrup cool down to low temperature gently soak the fried gulab jamuns in the syrup while it still hot and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve the hot gulab jamun.
How Gulab Jamun Served:
- In Middle East people serve it hot and cool.
- In India people serve it HOT and some people serve it cool with icecream.
- There are unlimited method to serve this delicious dessert with different icecream and juice types, Enjoy.