DIY Jordanian Mansaf Recipe at Home
Jordanian Mansaf is a traditional dish in Jordan; it’s one of the most preferred main dishes in invitations and feasts.
It’s one of the most famous meals in Jordan, including the area of Bilad al-Sham are Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Palestine. Jordanians & Palestinians considered as the most famous people on making it, because it’s a national dish in Jordan, and popular dish in Palestine, that’s why they cook it in weddings, happy events, and different events. Mansaf is distinguished from the rest kinds of Arabian food by using Al-Jameed milk which is made from milk after transforming it into buttermilk. The Mansaf dish is made of sheep meat “Lamb Meat” with Al-Jameed milk, rice & Yufka.
How to Make Jordanian Mansaf with Buttermilk Recipe
- 2 kilos of boiled sheep meat “Lamb Meat”.
- 1 Kilo of buttermilk or Al-Jameed milk
- 4 cups of Basmati
- 200 Grams of fried nuts.
- A little bit of minced soft parsley.
- One onion.
- A little bit of Spices ” 3 Laurus nobilis, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, 5 Cardamom pods, ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon powder”
- 5 of Yufka
- 2 Teaspoon of salt
- Teaspoon of Turmeric powder
Jordanian Mansaf with Al-Jameed Milk, Rice and Yufka Recipe
- Boil the meat in the water with onions and spices till it is cooked perfectly.
- The buttermilk dissolves with one spoon of starch + 3 cups of meat’s broth, and continue stir regularly until it boils.
- Wash the rice with running water, left it for 15 minutes, then drain the rice. Put in a pot a little bit of margarine, or oil, then add the rice with stirring for 3 minutes until toast it.
- Add Teaspoon of Turmeric powder, then add meat’s broth, or water with salt as per taste until it cooked.
- 4. Put the Yufka bread in a tray, then add some of meat’s broth, the rice, then the meat after that the cooked milk, or Al-Jameed milk, the nuts, and parsley.