Chicken Shawerma sandwich is one of the most common meals in the Middle East. Mainly, it is about grilled chicken, spices, pickles, potatoes, garlic, tahini rolled in bread.
If you want to make the dish tastes smoky. You should put layer of tin in a plate, heat a piece of coal and when it becomes red add some butter. When smokes show up, put the chicken Shawerma on top and cover the dish for about 5 to 15 minutes and the chicken will tastes smoky.
Put a spoon of oil or butter in a metal pot and add the chicken pieces in the middle then add the coal in the middle of oil and cover the chicken and stir the mixture.
2 boneless and skinless chicken, cut the breasts and thighs into slices.
1 onion, cut into slices
2 tomatoes, cut into slices
salt water for chicken with lemon juice
1 yogurt cup
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. vinegar
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. spices
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. carnation
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Soak the chicken in the mixture of salty water and lemon juice for about 2 to 3 hours. It is recommended to soak for one full night before using.
- Take the chicken off the soaking mixture and add in another pot with adding some olive oil.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat with stirring.
- After cooking it well, move it aside and fry the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Stir the onion and chicken together, add the tomato and cook for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the tomato slices, pickles and fries.
- Open the bread and start putting the tomato slices, garlic, tahini, onion, chicken, pickles and fries then roll the bread loaf.