Ful Medames is a local food in several Arabian countries and it is a main dish for the Egyptian families for the breakfast meal. Several restaurants serve this dish in the morning. In Ramadan, Muslims prepare the dish of Ful Medames or Hummus as a meal for Suhoor.
3 cups dry beans
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup olive oil
½ tsp. cumin
½ pack parsley, finely minced
- Soak the beans in water overnight and then drain it.
- Boil the beans with salt in a pot until it becomes soft and make sure to cover it during boiling and check it from time to time. Add water if needed.
- After having the beans cooked, move the remaining boiling water to a medium-sized pot and mash gently, so most of the water became vapor.
- To prepare the seasoning: In a pot, mix the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper and cumin then pour the mixture over the beans and mix well.
- Garnish the dish with minced parsley and serve a warm dish beside bread.