PREP TIME-15 mins
COOK TIME-30 mins
TOTAL TIME-45 mins
Indian Aloo Methi is one of the most lip smacking dishes that a gourmet person can enjoy. Its main ingredients are fenugreek leaves or methi leaves as they are known in India and potatoes. Served along with roti, or Paratha, they are an ideal meal during any time of the day.
- (The measuring cup: 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 5 to 4 Cups of finely chopped methi leaves, or fenugreek leaves
- 3-4 Medium size potatoes
- 1 or 2 Chopped green chilies
- ¼ Table spoon red chili powder
- 2 Table spoon butter, or mustard oil, or any vegetable oil
- Salt as per requirement
Method of Preparation
- After removing the methi leaves from the stems, wash them thoroughly in running tap.
- Chop the leaves using a knife.
- In a frying pan, heat oil, or butter.
- Add potatoes, and cook them until they turn light brown.
- The next step is to add fenugreek leaves, green chili, red chili powder and salt.
- Cook on medium heat, and stir continuously until the fenugreek leaves start leaving juice.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- In case the potatoes are still uncooked, add 3 tablespoons of water, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- The fully prepared dish should be dry.
- You can mix some butter with the fully prepared dish, and serve it with roti, Paratha, or rice dal combination.