One kilo of chicken breasts
Half a teaspoon of white pepper
Quarter teaspoon ground chili (optional)
Half a cup of green thyme
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
Half a tablespoon of dried coriander, crushed
Half a tablespoon of paprika
Half a tablespoon of onion powder
Half a tablespoon of garlic powder
Half a tablespoon of cinnamon
5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Quarter cup of lemon juice
Teaspoon ground sumac
Quarter of a teaspoon of mastic
One onion chopped
- In a deep bowl, put chicken breasts, add salt, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, coriander, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili, add two tablespoons of lemon juice, mix well and then put it in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Use a small deep bowl and mix the green thyme with the rest of the lemon juice and sumac and set it aside.
- Bring the chicken pieces and put the green thyme mixture in the middle of the chicken pieces, then wrap the chicken pieces in the shape of a tree trunk and tie them tightly with a thread.
- Put a saucepan over a medium heat, add oil, then add onions and chicken, then put the bay leaves, a quarter of a tablespoon of mastic and black pepper, and turn the chicken on all sides until it gets a golden color.
- Add water to the chicken until it is completely covered and leave to simmer.
- Chicken risotto is cut into slices in a serving dish and served cold with boiled vegetables, fries and salad.