How to Make Crispy Onion Rings Recipe
1 Large onion
¾ Cup flour
¼ Cup cornstarch
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
½ Teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
½ Cup water
1 Cup crushed rusk
- Cut the onion into thick slices, then separate each slice into several rings and set them aside.
- Put the flour and cornstarch in a bowl, stir well, then cover the onion rings with it and set it aside.
- Add salt, black pepper, hot pepper, garlic powder, and stir well, then add water as needed until we have a thick seasoning.
- Cover the onion rings with the marinade and place them over the strainer to get rid of the excess seasoning.
- Cover the onion rings with the breadcrumbs, then heat the oil over a medium heat, and fry the onion rings, turning them until golden and crunchy.
- Place the onion rings on a serving plate and serve hot alongside the burger.