How to Make Dried Chili Peppers
First Way: Sun Dried Peppers
- Brush the surface of the chili Peppers with a little vegetable oil and place them on a flat, wide tray.
- Leave plenty of space between the chili Peppers and then cover the hot peppers with a cheesecloth, to protect them from birds, insects, and dust.
- Flip the chili peppers every two days so that the peppers are exposed from all sides to sunlight.
- Leave the chili Peppers on the tray for 2-3 weeks.
- Put the dried chili peppers inside an airtight jar and store in a cool, dark place away from moisture to keep them usable for up to one year.
How to dry Chili Peppers in the oven
Second Way: dry Chili Peppers in the oven
- Wash the hot chili peppers well, then cut the hot peppers in half lengthwise so that the inner seeds of the pepper appear.
- Put the hot chili peppers pieces on the oven tray.
- Put the tray of chili peppers in the oven at a temperature between 100-135 degrees Celsius.
- Leave the tray in the oven for several hours to dry completely and get rid of moisture.