How to Make Garlic Seafood Soup Recipe
Today I will share with you my recipe for garlic seafood soup. This recipe is very healthy and very easy to do basically we will combine clams ” Oyster ” with different kinds of spice like garlic, red and yellow pepper with coconut milk and tomato.
- 600g mussels
- 600g clams
- 600g red snapper fillets or any kind of white fish
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger
- 2 heads minced garlic
- 2 small sweet onions finely minced
- 1 medium diced red bell pepper
- 1 medium diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium diced tomato
- 1 cup clam broth
- 4 limes, 1 juiced and 3 cut chopped for garnish.
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoons saffron threads
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
Preparing The Mussels
- First debeard the mussels and Scrub the clams by using a clean piece of cloth to clean the mussels under water.
- If you find the mussels still gritty, start to soak the mussels in a very salty ice water.
- Cut the snapper a half and take the seafood aside.
Preparing The Broth
- Put in big nonstick pan ¼ cup of olive oil over medium heat with half amount of onion and half amount of the garlic then add the ginger.
- After few minutes add the tomato and the colored pepper to the mixture and cook them for 5 minutes then cover the mixture and lower the heat down.
Cooking The Mussels
- Heat the rest of olive oil (1/4 cup) over medium heat and when becomes hot add some lime juice and the rest of the garlic and the mussels
- Then add calm and calm broth
- Cover and cook the mixture for 10 minutes
- Uncover the pan and check if there are any mussels that have not opened and discard those ones.
- Add the snapper pieces, half amount of cilantro, the jalapeno, the saffron, and the pepper mixture then add banana to give a sweet taste and to counter the sour taste of the lime.
- Stir the mixture well, and note that the banana will thicken the soup so if the mixture doesn’t have enough liquid add some calm broth.
- Then cover the pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (Banana should completely break down during the cooking).
- Add coconut milk and turn the heat off then Cover and reserve.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve in bowls with crusty bread.