BBQ Calamari Recipe
Calamari – squid – is one of the seafood dishes that is rich in protein as it contains Omega 3 and B-group vitamins.
Some Benefits You Have to Know About Calamari:
- Enhances iron absorption as it contains copper.
- Prevents arthritis as it contains Selenium; a very important and antioxidant mineral that fights against cancer.
- Keeps the skin, muscles, hair and nails healthy because it is rich in protein.
- Reduces migraines as it contains vitamin B2.
- Builds muscles and strengths the teeth as it contains phosphorus.
- Is very good for the heart as it contains vitamin B12
- Regulates blood sugar as it contains Vitamin B3
- Boosts immune system as it contains zinc
- Relaxes nerves and muscles as it contains magnesium
- Lowers blood pressure levels as it contains potassium
BBQ Squid Recipe
- 500 grams calamari
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- A bit of parsley or dill
- Clean calamari very well, drain and cut it into rings, or small pieces.
- In a big bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, and minced garlic, and mix them together.
- Add calamari to the mixed ingredients, stir very well then cover the bowl and let it stand in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Bring calamari out of refrigerator, put it on the grill for 15 minutes and don’t forget to cover it.
- Garnish with parsley, dill, olives, peppers, or any vegetables you prefer. .
- Bon appetite
Note: You can serve grilled calamari recipe as a main dish, and try to cook shrimp and calamari with red rice recipe as a side dish.