How to make almond milk at home
Quarter of a kilo of almonds.
3 cups of water.
Honey or sugar as desired.
water for soaking
- Wash the almonds, then soak the almonds in an appropriate amount of water.
- Leave the almonds soaked in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Drain the almonds, then rinse well under cold water. (Discard the soaking water)
- Bring the electric blender, then add the almonds and water, then mix them together for 3 minutes, or until the water becomes white color.
- Strain the almonds by using a strainer, or cheesecloth, and squeeze well, to extract as much of the almond milk as possible.
- Put it in a clean, airtight bottle, and store in the refrigerator, for up to two days.
Almonds can be peeled before mixing to get a pure white color.