Lentil soup is one of the most favorite soups in Arab world and many around the world as well, usually served hot. It is considered to be vegetarian soup but it can be cooked with meat as well. It can be prepared with red Lentil or green Lentil
Other favorable ingredients can be added like Carrots, potatoes, celery, parsley and onions also some Flavors like Garlic, Cumin, lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
· 2 cups red lentils, well washed and drained.
· Cup of vermicelli
· 1 Large potato peeled and chopped into large cubes.
· 2 Medium sized Carrots, chopped into large cubes.
· 2 Medium onions peeled and chopped cubes.
· 6 Cloves of garlic, peeled.
· Salt, black pepper and cumin to taste
· 6 Tablespoons of corn oil
· 5 Cups of water, or 5 cups of broth
- Mix Potatoes cubes with carrots, tomatoes, garlic, lentils and one onion with Two cups of water, or broth in a large pot on fire.
- When the ingredients done puree them in the blender until smooth
- Put the soup back again in the pot on medium heat then add salt, pepper, cumin and three cups of water, or broth, and stir the soup consistently, and don’t cover the pot at this point.
- Put pan on heat with 4 tablespoon of corn oil, and vermicelli and stir till it turn into golden color, then add it immediately to the soup in the pot.
- Stir every once in a while to avoid ingredient stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Put 2 tablespoons in the pan with the onion cubes, and stir it till it turn golden then garnish the soup with it on the top.
- Served with toasted bread slices and lemon.