Baingan Bharta Recipe:
Baingan bharta is a national food it is come from Pakistan and India. This is a vegetarian dish which is made from eggplant (baingan) and bhurtha (minced vegetables), grilled over charcoal or direct fire. This dish have a smoky flavour. This smoked eggplant is mashed with, chili pepper, fresh cilantro (coriander leaves) onion and mustard oil. The dish traditionally is eaten with an Indian flatbread and is served with a yogurt salad, or rice, or raita. Baingan bartha is eaten in Bangladesh too.
– Eggplant (about 500 g)
– 2 Tomatoes
– 2 Onions
– 4-5 Cloves of garlic, and crushed
– 1 Green chili or more
– 1 Teaspoon salt
– 1 Teaspoon turmeric
– 1/2 Tsp garam masala (someone not charged because he prefers to feel the taste of eggplant)
– 1 Tsp coriander powder
– 1 Teaspoon chili powder
– 2 Tablespoons oil
– Fresh coriander.
– 1 Inch piece ginger root, and chopped
- You need to prick eggplants, and then you need to roast them on tandoor or open the flame oven, till the skin of scorches don’t start to peeling off.
- Shot way the sure so you can check if eggplants are ready to pierce them with back of spoon. If it enters the eggplants something like butter which is soft, then you will know that they are ready.
- When temperature at room is good remove the skin and then you need to mash the pulp.
- Mince the tomatoes green chili and onion.
- PUT in a kadahi heat oil, and then add chopped onion. You need to sauté till they get a pink color. You do not make them brown. After this you need to add chopped ginger, green chili, and garlic and stir them.
- After 1 or 2 min you can add tomatoes and salt so tomatoes can be softened and faster can be cooking. When tomatoes are cooked you need to separate oil form them, and after that add powder except for the garam masala , and then cook again 1 -2 min
- Mashed eggplants you need to add after that cook a little bit, about 1 min and then you can add garam masala and coriander leaves chopped.
- You need to serve immediately with paraatha, or roti, or pitta bread, or toast. Because we love it on crunchy toast, and it is irresistible I am telling you.
Enjoy your meal!!