Chole bhature is very popular punjabi recipe. This recipe is famous all over India and abroad. Chole bhature is make from spicy curry who is made with white chickpeas. Chole bhatura is fried, and leavened flatbread.
This dish is tasty, a spicy, and a heavy dish. Chole bhature is served in each restaurants. In some country chole bhature: is spicy more. In some places or in some of the restaurants they have delicious taste, and the consistency of the curry.
Enjoy your meal dear readers!
General Ingredients: (measuring cup used, one cup for 250 ml)
- 1 cup of dried small chickpeas, or chickpeas from can, or you can use 1 ½ cups of regular chickpeas
- 1 green chili pepper and slit
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 or ½ teaspoon of dry mango powder
- Pinch asafetida ( is it an option )
- Use black or rock salt as a required
- use 2 cup of water
Use Garam Masala:
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
one bay leaf
half teaspoon cinnamon powder
3 cloves of lavang
Two green cardamom
three black peppercorn
One medium onion, and chopped
Two medium size of tomatoes and chopped
Half teaspoon ginger and chopped
Four garlic cloves, and chopped
one green chili chopped
- First step you need to soak the chickpeas in enough water overnight or for 8 hours, but if you use the chickpeas canned no need to do this step.
- You need to drain the water, and then you can cook the chickpeas with new water make sure you put salt in water in cooking process.
- While cooking the chickpeas you can put pinch, or two baking soda.
- Now, you need to strain the chickpeas, and then keep them aside.
- Start to make a fine paste of tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, and green chili in a grinder, or blender.
- While making the paste do not add some water because the juice of tomatoes can help you for making paste and paste need to keep aside.
- Add oil on a pan, till the oils is fragrant you need to fry the garam masala , and the spices which are mentioned before. Make sure you don’t burn them.
- Put the ground paste, and start to sauté until the oil starts to leaves the sides of the paste. For your paste do not be stick to the pan you need to stir all sautéing.
- You need to put all dry spice powders such as; dry mango powder red chilli powder, turmeric and coriander.
- For a few minutes you need to stir and sauté, and then put cooked the chickpeas, and stir again.
- Pour the water and put salt and stir.
- On the medium or low flame you need to simmer for 10 minutes, until the curry is thickens. You don’t need to cover the pan. Make sure you stir occasionally.
- Put slit green chilies and garam masala powder, or chole masala. Then start to stir them, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- You need to check the seasoning, put more salt, and spice powders if you need. And then put garnish chickpeas with some coriander leaves.
- With onion slices and lemon wedges serve the chickpeas, also you can garnish the chickpeas with slit green chillies, and julienned ginger.
- Enjoy in your dish chole bhature.