A bit about the recipe:
Kacci Biriyani is one of the famous and traditional Bangladeshi recipes. It is one of the provocative and healthy recipes. Its dish would attract you so much. You could celebrate with your family members in any special occasions with this recipe.
Let’s see what Ingredients needed for cooking, here are the ingredients are for serving five or six peoples…
- You need 2 kg of Mutton.
- You need 1 kg of Polao rice.
- Ghee needed 1½ cup.
- You need 5-7 Potatoes.
- You need 2 cups of Chopped onions.
- 2 tablespoon of Ginger paste.
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic paste needed.
- 1 tablespoon of Cumin powder needed.
- You would need 1 tablespoon of Chili powder.
- You need 1½ cup of yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon of Jaiphal powder.
- ½ teaspoon of Mace powder.
- Cinnamon powder needed ½ teaspoon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Crushed cloves.
- 1 tea spoon of Green cardamom powder.
- You need 10-12 black pepper.
- You need 8-10 dried prunes.
- 8-10 pieces of Almonds.
- 10-12 prices of Raisins.
- You need 4-5 tablespoon of Kewra.
- You could pour Salt according to you.
- You would add Ground turmeric a little to add color.
Now we would start cooking. Let’s see the method…
- Firstly you need to wash the mutton.
- Then you would soak with of salt for 30 minutes.
- Then you would clean the mutton again and drain the water.
- Now Fry the onions in ghee. Keep frying until they look crispy.
- Now squash the onions calmly into slighter pieces.
- Sprinkle a bit of the turmeric on the potatoes and fry them in the same ghee.
- Keep these aside.
- Now marinate the mutton with 1 tablespoon of salt, fried onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, chili powder, yogurt, jaiphal, jaitri, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, cloves and kewra.
- Pour the marinated mutton along with the mix evenly into a large pulp pan. Then wait for few minutes.
- Then you would boil 6 cups of water with 1 tablespoon of salt in a separate pan.
- Now you would add the rice into the water.
- When the rice would be cooked you would turn off the heat. Beside it you would use a filter to drain the water in a different pot. Then preserve this rice for using later.
- Then mix 1 cup water of rice and ½ cup of ghee as well as mutton into the pan.
- Now you would cover the pan and would wait for 30 minutes.
- Now you would make a level of the fried potatoes, prunes, almonds and raisins. You would put it on peak of the mutton.
- Now you would cover the mutton with rice. Then you would mix the enduring rice water and ghee.
- You have to see make it sure that the water level stays on the top of the rice.
- Now you would cover it and make it sure that the cover is vapor proof. Make it sure that the cover is air tight.
- Now turn on your stove fire and keep on cooking with a medium heat.
- After cooking 15 minutes you would make the heat lower and keep heating it about 60 minutes.
- Now you would uncover the cover you would find the provocative smell of the Biryani.
- If you find that the rice are uncompleted then keep cooking. Then stir it in mild warm milk and cover it with low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep cooking with a low heat until the rice and the meat seems to be cooked.
- Now it’s time to serve. You would Mix the rice and mutton decently and would serve hot.
You should definitely try to have a best presentation. The taste of any food partially depends on presentation.
You should definitely try it. Hope you would love it.