How to cook the Orzo like rice
2 Cups of orzo.
A quarter of vegetable oil.
1 Cup of chicken soup.
1 Cup of water
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
A quarter teaspoon of ground cloves.
3 Bay leaves.
A quarter teaspoon of finely ground cardamom.
A quarter of a teaspoon of ground chili (to taste).
2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce
Onion cut into small pieces.
- Bring a frying pan and put the oil until it gets hot, then add the orzo with continuous stirring until it turns golden.
- Use a medium-sized pot on the stove and put a little oil and chopped onions and stir for 3 minutes and add mastic, cardamom, bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir it well then put the fried orzo in the pot, soup, water, salt and black peppers cook like rice.
- Put it on a low heat for 15 minutes or until it softens and covers the pot.
- Leave the orzo on the fire until it drinks the broth completely, If not fully cooked more water can be added.
- Served the orzo hot like the rice.