Today’s recipe is my favorite, and the favorite to many people around the world especially in holydays. It’s roasted Turkey. Turkey considered one of the most celebration types of food and it’s very popular among many Cultures as traditional festive Food. It is most famous for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also Arab people cook the Turkey meat recipe in New Year’s Eve as well as for everyday nourishment.
1 fresh turkey of your preferred size
Salt and Black pepper
1 lemon sliced
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
3 Spanish onions, peeled chopped in cubes
1 head garlic, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
10 red new potatoes, chopped in cubes
4 tablespoons melted butter
8 carrots, peeled and chopped in cubes
3 heads of fennel, cleaned from fronds and wings.
In our delicious secret recipe here we will cook the turkey in three major steps
Step One Preparation: –
- First heat the oven to 350 F.
- Clean the turkey from inside by removing the giblets and washing the bird inside and out.
- Clean the bird from outside by removing any tiny feathers and remove excess fat then Pat the outside dry.
- Place the turkey in a fitting roasting pan.
- It adds a lot to the taste to add salt and pepper inside the turkey’s cavity before stuffing the cavity.
Step Two Stuffing The Turkey: –
- Stuff the cavity with the onion quartered, thyme, lemon and the garlic.
- Brush the outside of the turkey with butter and a bit more salt and pepper.
- After brushing step we going to tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body.
- Slice the remaining onions and sprinkle some olive oil on them then spread them in the pan around the turkey.
- Keep the turkey in oven on 350 F for 1 hour.
Final Step Finishing: –
- Mix the potatoes, carrots, fennel, salt and sprinkle of olive oil and add the mix to the roasting pan.
- Keep turkey with the vegetables in the oven for more 90 minutes.
- When the turkey is done remove it from the oven and cover it with foil for 20 minutes.
- Slice the turkey and serve it on a platter with the roasted vegetables.
Tips and Tricks: –
- You can test if the turkey is done by cutting between the leg and the thigh and see if the juices run clear.
- You can return the vegetables to the oven for more 20 minutes.