Today we will make together a seafood soup. Seafood soup is the most popular of marine dishes and it is made by different methods all over the world. Fish soup is actually much easier than it appears. The general method is to combine fish or seafood with vegetables like: tomatoes, corn, onion, lemon juice and some people add chicken broth.
- 400g fresh medium-size shrimp (rinse and drain before starting)
- 1 can of tomatoes (no-salt added)
- 1 can of kernel corn (no salt added)
- 3 table spoons of Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2-3 table spoons of sherry, or 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 400g of scallops (rinse and drain before starting)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 green onion chopped
- Remove the shell off the shrimp then reins the shells and drain it.
- Boil the shell with three cups of water on low heat
- When boil uncover the saucepan and keep it on heat for 20 minutes to reduce the liquid
- Remove the shells from the stock by strainer then add tomatoes, lemon juice, corn, sherry, and soy sauce, then put the mix on heat again and cover it for 5 minutes (Tip: stir the mix first then cover it after the boiling for more five minutes)
- Now the sauce is ready for the shrimps, add the shrimps and scallops and lower the heat( if the tomatoes are break up yet stir the mix to help it break up)
- In a cup blend 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with some water then pour it into the mix and keep stirring to avoid clumping
- Add pepper and green onion while on heat and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately for the best taste