Shrimp with rice recipe
A lot of people like seafood dishes, specially those who live in the coastal cities because they always can get whatever they need from the sea. Here, we made it easy for any woman who doesn’t know what to cook and presented how to prepare the rice with shrimp as a perfect and easy-to-cook meal that includes the whole nutrients, especially if you served it with green salad.
Red Rice with shrimp recipe
Ingredients: (5 persons)
- ½ kilo deveined shrimp, any size
- ½ kilo calamari, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 3 cups white rice
- 2 medium onions, shredded
- 1 big tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate Molasses
- 3 Bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, as tasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and stir often till it becomes dark, not brown. Then add the shrimp and lower the heat.
- Add calamari (optional), tomato, soy sauce and Pomegranate Molasses, then stir very well. Add the whole spices and stir again
- Raise the heat, and add 3 cups of water from the tap, don’t ever use the Kettle to boil the rice water as this ruin it!
- Cover the pan till the water boiled, then add the rice and stir very well till it has the same color of the water. Remember that water should be above the rice with 2 cm.
- Once the water starts reducing, lower the heat and after 10 minutes, stir the rice very well till the rice is cooked
- Served with pickles, cucumber or onion.
- Bon appetite
Note: You can make shrimp and calamari with rice recipe as a side dishes and the main dish is grilled fish, or fried fish fillets, or any kind of seafood you prefer.