How to make hot barbecue sauce
A quarter cup of fresh tomato juice.
1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
¼ cup of brown sugar.
1 tablespoon of hot pepper sauce.
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
A quarter of a large cup of vinegar.
Two onions cut into slices.
Two tablespoons of olive oil.
Two tablespoons of mustard.
- Put the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion to the oil, stirring until the mixture is sautéed.
- Add tomato juice, sugar, mustard, vinegar, tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce to the onion mixture, stirring well until it boils.
- Reduce the heat until it reaches the boiling point and leave the mixture on a low heat for about 20-30 minutes, while continuing to stir until it becomes thick.
- Leave the barbecue sauce aside to cool, then put it in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix well.
- Using a strainer to filter the barbecue sauce.
- Put the barbecue sauce in an airtight glass jar and leave it in the refrigerator until use.