Make Chana Masala
With this recipe you will have delicious Indian food so you will not need to go there to try! We guarantee 100 % satisfy for your hunger stomach. Enjoy.
Chana Masala Recipe:
Ingredients for cooking pressure chickpeas:
- One cup of dried white chickpeas, or you can use 180 gr of dried white chickpeas.
- for pressure cooking chana use three cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
Ingredients for roasting masala:
- 3/4 one cup of fresh coconut, and grated
- one inch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of fennel
- 1/2 tablespoon seeds from cumin
- one tablespoon of seeds from coriander
- Two dry red chilies. Don’t use more it would be so spicy
- three lavang cloves
- one black cardamom
- two green cardamom
- 5 black pepper
- One little piece of stone flower, and this is optional.
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- one bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon seeds from mustard
- 12 curry leaves
- one slit of green chili
- 50 gr onion, or use one medium onion, or 1/3 cup of chopped onion.
- 80 gr tomatoes, one medium, or 1/2 cup of chopped tomato
- one chopped medium tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A pinch from asafoetida
- 1/2 inch ginger, and add 3 crushed garlic into a paste in mortar about 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic paste.
- One cup stock and water
- Two tablespoons coriander chopped leaves for garnishing.
- Salt for tasting
How to Make Chana Masala:
Method to Cook Chickpeas:
- First you need to rinse one cup chana dried chickpeas two times in water, and then you can soak chickpeas in water, and need to overnight for 9 hours.
- Now you need to drain the water and then rinse chanas for 2 times.
- Drain again, and then add in a pressure cooker soaked chanas.
- Half teaspoon salt need to be add with 3 cups of water.
- Now stir and pressure cook chana on medium to high flame for 20 whistles.
- If you cook chickpeas in pot add 4 cups water with some salt and then you need to cover till they are softened.
Method for Preparing Masala:
- 1 step. When chickpeas are good cooked, you need to add in a pan and on a low flame to dry roast spice that we mentioned in roasting masala list, till they start being
- Except coconut you need to roast all spices.
- Add 1/2 cup of tightly grated coconut to the all spices, and now you need to roast them.
- While roasting coconut you need to stir continuously so they will get brown color.
- When the coconut get golden color stop roasting. You need to remove the pan and put mixture to cool down.
- When the mixture is cooled you can add them to wet grinder, and you need to remove from the black cardamom husk. And put seeds in the grinder.
- To a smooth paste you need to add 3/4 cup water and grind and to keep aside.
Prepare Chana Masala Gravy or Curry:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in pan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon seeds of mustard and you can allowed to crackle them.
- Add and stir bay leaf
- Add 1/3 cup of onion chopped.
- Now you need to stir and the sauté till onion become translucent and soft.
- Add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, and 1/4 of turmeric powder and pinch of asafoetida, and 12 leaves from curry.
- Till aroma start to disappear from ginger and garlic you need to stir and sauté.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato chopped and then sauté for 3 min. till the tomato been more soften.
- Add ground masala paste and start to stir well.
- Start to add the drained chanas, and again you need to stir and then sauté for minute.
- Add one cup stock with water and 2 slit green chillies.
- Add season and salt for taste. But first check because stock already has salt.
- Boil and simmer for 15 minutes on low medium flame till gravy start being thickens, when you bit you will see the oil on the top how is floating. You need to mad a chickpeas with spoon to thicken gravy. Now check the seasoning and you can add salt depends of your taste.
- Turn off the flame and put 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves and then stir for one minute.
– You need to serve hot chana masala with pooris bread streamed rice with lemon chapatis or onion slices