How to Make Leche Flan Recipe at Home
Today we will make together Crème caramel, or custard flan, some countries call it milk leche and some other call it caramel pudding. We all know it is that delicious custard dessert with covered with soft caramel on top. The recipe based on cooking sugar syrup till it becomes caramel and then we pour it into the mold then we add the custard base. If you follow my recipe you will it just like the famous restaurants.
Custard Flan Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Eggs
- 1¼ Cups of powdered sugar (caster sugar)
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1½ cups milk
Milk Leche Recipe
Step 1: Preparing The Syrup
- Preheat oven to 170°C, and it is better to spread the heat using oven fan.
- Bring deep saucepan and mix half the amount of sugar with 1 cup cold water then put the pan over low heat.
- Keep stirring the mix till the sugar dissolves completely then increase heat to boil fast.
- When it boils stop stirring till the syrup turn to golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside till all bubbles subside.
- Then pour sugar mixture into ovenproof small cups and set aside.
Step 2: Preparing The Cream
- Bring another sauce pan and mix the cream, milk and vanilla over medium heat.
- Stir this mixture until you see small bubbles forming at edge of pan (it might take 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
Step 3: Adding The Bottom Layer
- Mix the eggs with the remaining sugar (¾ cups) in a bowl and whisk them well till the mixture turn to pale color and creamy consistency.
- Slowly add the cream mixture from previous step and whisk constantly.
- Pour the mixture in the dishes in even amounts.
Step 4: Baking The Crème Caramel
- We will use here a method of baking these dishes called water bath, you just Place the dishes in a large baking dish and fill the large dish with boiling water then place it in the oven).
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove the baking dish from oven.
- Remove the dishes and set aside to cool.
- Now technically the Crème caramel is finished but you have to follow this step to get Crème caramel out of the dishes. all you do is refrigerate the small dishes overnight then take it out and run a thin knife around edges to help the Crème caramel get out in one piece then turn the dish over a plate and you have the dessert ready. Enjoy.