Cold Pea Soup Recipe
Half a kilo of peas
1/4 Cup chopped green mint
1/4 Cup cooking cream
1 Tablespoon of flour
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon salt
3 Cups chicken broth
1 Chopped onion
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- In a deep saucepan, put the vegetable oil, add the onion with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and sauté over a low heat.
- Add the flour and stir for a few seconds, then add the peas and stir for a minute, then add the broth.
- Cover the pot and simmer over medium heat for ten minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Add mint and lemon juice and leave to boil for one minute with the mixture.
- Mix the soup well in the electric mixer, strain the soup, then add the cooking cream, adjust the salt and leave to cool completely.
- Serve cold and garnish with a little chopped green mint and some boiling peas, and it can also be served hot as desired.