Plastic throw away bottles can be made into beautiful decoration items with little or no effort and at no cost in spare time. Procedure is very simple. Just follow the steps to make a candle holder and a plastic flower.
- 1 green transparent plastic bottle with cap on it-2 liter
- 1 white transparent plastic bottle with cap on it-2 liter
- Pair of scissors
- Candle to place in candle stand
- Candle to heat and shape plastic into a small flower
- Small palette
- oil colors
- Take the green and white plastic bottles and with the help of the cutter cut them neatly from top where the bottle takes its cylinder shape and from bottom near the base where cylindrical shape ends.
- Fill the bases of both bottles with small plastic pebbles to balance and hold the flower and candle holder.
- Using the pair of scissors, cut the top part into four equal sized parts and round up the edges to give the shape of petals. Remember to bend the four plastic strips backwards before shaping it and keep the cap on the mouth of the bottles.
- Put dabs of four colors on the plastic palette and using combination of two colors paint the four petals in different patterns and design.
- Put the ready flower, neck down in the base filled with plastic pebbles. Our candle stand is ready.
- Cut 2-inch wide and 4-inch long plastic strips from the main body of the bottle and slowly and slightly heat it. This strip will take the shape of a mini-flower. Before heating the strips, they have to be thinly sliced. This enables each strip to bend and curl to shape up like a flower
- Place the main flower in the second plastic container with the neck stuck in the plastic pebbles. Put these small flower–shaped plastics on top of the petals to compliment the mini flowers.
- Plastic bottles should be carefully marked below the neck and above the base before cutting them, and each neck should have a cap on it.
- Edges of petals should be smooth and properly rounded off to give a good shape.