Indian Aloo Shimla Mirch is not only extremely delicious, but also easy to cook. It can be consumed during any time of the day along with Paratha, or roti. Its main ingredients are potatoes and capsicum, or Shimla Mirch.
Prepration time-10 mins
Cooking time-15 mins
- 3 Teaspoons oil
- ½ Teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ Inch cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ Cup cubed onion
- 1 ¼ Cups cubed potato
- 1 ¼ Cup cubed capsicum
- ⅛ Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ Teaspoon garam masala
- ½ Cup water
- Salt as per taste
Method of preparation:
- Place the frying pan on medium heat.
- Add oil to it. Once the oil gets heated up, add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Once the cumin seeds sizzle, and you start getting a scent from cinnamon, and bay leaf, add onions.
- Cook for another 3 minutes until the onions turn light brown.
- Now mix potatoes, and capsicum.
- Also add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Mix ½ cup of water to the ingredients in the pan.
- Cover the pan and then cook for another 10 minutes.
- When all the water is absorbed, the dish is ready.
- Mix garam masala in the dish.
- Serve it with roti, or Paratha.