A lot of kids like eating pie and pastries, especially apple pie for its yummy and great taste that makes it healthy pie as it contains great nutritional value. But, unfortunately, most mommies find difficulty in preparing it in a good way.
Although apple pie is not oriental, it’s very known in Arab countries as western style cafes and restaurant serve apple pie in the breakfast meals. So that, the question of “how to prepare an apple pie” is one of the most questions repeated in cooking programs and each chef serve it in his own special way. Now, we are going to present an easy recipe for the apple pie following very easy steps to prepare it in your home with a delicious taste.
Apple Pie Recipe
- 8 cups of apple (cored, poached and sliced)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar (powder)
- 1 tablespoon of starch
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
Apple pie filling instructions:
1- Heat the oven over 220˚ F
2- Put brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl and mix them well.
3- In a big bowl, put apple slices and add sugar and cinnamon
4- Stir the apple with sugar and cinnamon and let them stand for 10 minutes till the apple juice separates from the apple slices
Apple Pie Dough Ingredients:
- 4 cups of flour
- Cup of butter (in room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Cup of white sugar
Apple Pie Dough Instructions:
- Mix the whole ingredients well.
- Add warm water to the previous mixture and mix them until the dough forms sticky ball
- Divide the dough into two pieces
- Bring a medium pie plat, brush the surface completely with butter
- Put the first half of dough, roll it out into a circle
- Add the apple pie filling as a second layer, above the dough, and be sure that the filling covers the whole dough surface
- Cut the second half into long and thin stripes. Make sure that they are all the same size to have a good final shape.
- Above the apple filling, weave the dough strips over and under perpendicular strips until you’ve covered the pie filling. If you don’t like this shape, you can form it a dough disc like the first half and put it above the pie filling. Then, use a sharp knife to create long holes to look like clockwise
- Bake your pie in the oven for 35 minutes to ensure a perfectly backed pie.
- Serve your apple pie with a cup of tea, coffee, or Nescafé.
Apple Tart Recipe
Apple tart ingredients:
To prepare the apple tart dough, you need:
- 200g flour
- 100g butter
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Half cup of water
To prepare the filling, you need:
- 2 apples (diced)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cinnamon stick
For topping, you need:
- 5 apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (ground)
- To prepare the tart dough: Bring a big bowl and mix the flour, butter, salt, sugar and water very well till they form moist clumps.
- Let it stand for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the filling: bring a pot and mix apple, sugar and cinnamon stick over a middle heat. Let them stand for 15 minutes, then stir them.
- Heat the oven over 200 degree
- Put the dough disc in a tart plat and use a fork to make holes in it.
- Add the filling above the disc
- Drain the peeled and sliced apple
- Bake the tart for 30 minutes or till you ensure a perfectly baked tart
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the ground cinnamon on the tart surface.
- Serve it cold with coffee and tea.
Apple-Cinnamon Pie Recipe
1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 225g of cold butter
- 1/3 cup of water
For the filling:
yellow apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Half cup of white sugar
- Half cup of black sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of starch
- 1 scrambled yolk
How to prepare it:
- To prepare the dough, whisk the flour, salt, sugar and butter together.
- Add the water gradually while whisking till have a good dough.
- Cover the dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate it.
- To prepare the filling, put the apple, white sugar, black sugar, salt, cinnamon and lemon juice in a non-stick pot.
- Heat them over a middle heat and once they start boiling, add the butter.
- Let them boil for 5 minutes more over low heat and keep stirring them.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the starch and stir till they are mixed well.
- Divide the dough into two pieces, roll the first half out into circle over a floured surface. Move it into a tart plate and don’t forget to lift the sides.
- Spread the apple filling over the first piece, then put the second piece of dough over the apple filling and press on the edges with a fork.
- Brush the tart surface with yolk and make some holes in it.
- Bake the tart in a heated oven over 220 degree for 40 minutes till it’s browned.