Taro Soup Recipe
1 Taro piece (large size / cut into cubes)
1 Bunch of Green chard (chopped / washed / dried)
4 Cups chicken broth
1/4 Cup Green coriander (fresh and chopped)
Black pepper and salt to taste
4 Cloves of garlic
3 Tablespoon lemon juice
Large tablespoon of butter, or oil
- Soak the taro in warm water with the addition of a spoonful of lemon juice and a spoonful of salt and leave for 10 minutes, then drain it and wash it with cold running water for 5 minutes, until the sticky substance in it is removed.
- Put the broth in a large pot on the stove, add the lemon to it, and leave it to boil, then add the taro to it.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chard, by sautéing it in a non-stick pan with a spoonful of butter, and stir from time to time until it’s completely roasted.
- Add the garlic, pile the chard over it while it is still hot, and turn off the heat for 10 minutes, or until the outer layer of garlic is roasted.
- Chop the chard in a food processor.
- Add the chard to the taro, leave it to boil and combine with the soup, then turn off the heat.
- Serve it hot with vermicelli rice.