How to make ketchup at home
8 large tomatoes
8 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 small piece finely grated onion
Half a cup of white vinegar
¼ cup water
5 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons of starch
1 teaspoon salt
quarter tea spoon of black pepper
Half a teaspoon of paprika
- Dissolve the starch in the water, and set it aside.
- Wash the tomatoes well, then put them in boiling water for a minute, then put the tomatoes in a bowl with ice cubes and peel them.
- Cut it into cubes, use an electric mixer and mix it well until completely smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, put tomato juice, onion and garlic, and stir well.
- Leave the mixture until it boils, then reduce the heat and add white sugar, salt, vinegar, black pepper and paprika and stir again.
- Gradually add the starch mixture to the bowl, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until we reach the desired consistency without clumping.
- Leave the ketchup aside to cool completely.
- Put the ketchup in a clean, dry jar and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- We serve ketchup with meat or chicken sandwiches.