Mahshi Kusa Recipe
Preparing this dish differs from country to another. In Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Turkey and Iraq, they prepare it using zucchini, while in Lebanon, they prepare it using eggplant, ground beef, onion, tomato, tomato sauce, pine, seasoning and salt.
Mahshi Kusa with Yogurt Recipe
- 1 1/2 kilo of washed, peeled and cored zucchini
- 1/4 kilo of ground meat
- 1/2 cup of rice
- A big-size onion, minced
- 3 green bell pepper, minced
- Ground cilantro, dill and parsley
- Green onion
- Salt, black pepper, cumin, ground cilantro, seasoning and cardamom
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- Cup of Laban Rayeb “Butter Milk“mixed with two teaspoons of starch
- Two chicken stock cubes mixed with two cups of water
- To prepare the stuffing you need to sauté the onion and the bell pepper in an oiled pan. Add ground meat and let it simmer for around ten minutes. Turn down the heat, then add rice and stir it with the meat for a while then turn off the heat.
- Add herbs and seasoning, mix them well.
- Stuff the zucchini with the mixture, arrange them to a pot, add two cups of chicken stock, and cook for 20 minutes
- In another pot, sauté a green onion in two tablespoons oil, add yogurt and Laban Rayeb “Butter Milk“with starch and let them till boiling. Pour them on the zucchini for five minutes, then serve it and bon appetite
Note: You can use dried mint to decorate the dish and to add a special taste for it.