How to Make Sweet Vermicelli at Home
Today we will make to gather Sweet vermicelli. It is a very popular dessert in India and Arab countries. Sweet vermicelli is very healthy and that’s why it is kid friendly dessert. Sweet vermicelli also is very suitable for anyone with sweet tooth. And I know from my experience how kids can become very hyper after eating sweets, but not after eating sweet vermicelli, I’ll say no more, let’s make this light and healthy dessert together.
Sweet vermicelli is made by boiling the vermicelli with water on a slow flame. Get good quality vermicelli because it is the main ingredient
- 1 ½ cups of vermicelli
- 2 cups – water
- 3 tablespoon of Ghee or vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon powder
How to Make Light and Healthy Sweet Vermicelli
- If the Vermicelli is long, we want to break the vermicelli into medium pieces.
- Heat the ghee, or the vegetable oil in a deep pan (preferable to be heavy bottom pan to spread the heat better).
- Using low heat we will fry the vermicelli till it turns light brown, or dark golden.
- After vermicelli turn dark golden add the water and Cinnamon (preferable to be powdered)
- Keep stirring continuously till the water dries up( if you don’t stir constantly it will stick to the bottom of the pan )
- Add sugar and keep stirring
- When the water dries up and the rest of it be absorbed by vermicelli, cover the mixture with a lid and of the heat.
- It will take maximum 20 minutes to be done, Serve hot and bon appétit.
Not: You can add more sugar, or honey, or Cinnamon powder as needed.