This is a very easy to prepare spicy grilled shrimp Try it with a salad, baked potato, rice, and garlic bread. You will be addicted to it.
- 1 kilogram of large shrimp, peeled and deveined (you can use medium shrimp if large shrimp is not available)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt, or table salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons cut into wedges for garnish
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Crush the garlic with the salt and mix them together.
- Add in cayenne pepper and paprika to the mix.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil then stir the mix well (you better use a large bowl for this process),
- Toss the shrimps with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Lightly oil grill to prevent the shrimp from sticking on the skewers.
- Cook shrimp for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimps from the skewers when done and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve and enjoy.
My Tip: I usually use aluminum foil for the following reasons
- Because it keeps the shrimp moist
- If I am not using the grill I can cook it in the oven using aluminum foil which will help to cook shrimps evenly.
- It makes it easier to clean up