Preparation: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
Origin: Egypt. Generally, it’s a famous Arabian dish
Category: Main dish – Rice
½ kg veal liver, or Lambs’ Liver
¼ kg veal heart, or Lambs’ heart
3 tbsp. ghee
2 tbsp. vinegar
pinch of cumin
3 garlic cloves
3 cups meat broth
salt and pepper (optional)
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. tomato paste
pinch of mixed spices
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of carnation
2 cups Egyptian rice
- Cut the liver and heart into small pieces.
- In an oiled pan, cook the minced garlic then add slices of liver and heart.
- Add the cumin and meat broth. Cook until it becomes soft.
- In a hot pot, add the onions and ghee.
- Add the rice and stir well.
- Add spices, sugar, tomato paste and leftover broth.
- Cover the pot, and cook them all over medium heat for half an hour or until the rice be cooked.
- Serve the livers, and heart with the rice.