250 g diced beets
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup milk
2 cups beef broth,
Medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons wheat
salt and black pepper
4 boiled eggs
How to prepare beetroot soup – Turkish way
- Over a medium heat, melt the butter, then add the onions, and stir for 5 minutes until it is tender.
- Add the wheat, beets, carrots, broth, salt and black pepper, and leave the mixture until it boils.
- Cover the saucepan and leave the soup on a very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Cool the soup , then put it in the blender until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Return the soup to the heat, then add the milk, and stir constantly until the soup boils.
- Put the soup in the serving dishes, and serve with boiled eggs.