DIY Lebanese Sfiha (Spicy Meat Pie) Recipe
Sfiha, it’s also known as dough with meat, it’s Arabian dish which can be served as a snack, or entrees, and it’s one of the most famous Shami food that Levant is famous for making it, and it’s popular and famous in Syria, and also Palestine, Lebanon & Jordan, the most famous kinds of Sfiha are the Damascene & Ba’lbkia, and the Halabi & Armenian sfiha in Aleppo. It also spreads in Brazil where big shami colony in the country is.
And Simply, the ingredients are extended dough has a minced and spiced meat on the top of it, then bake it in the oven, you can make it while ago before putting it in the freezer, and it will still valid for a month in the fridge.
DIY Feteera Lahma Bi Ajeen Recipe
- 3/4 cup of warm oil
- One cup of water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of yeast
- 3 tablespoons of milk powder
- 3 and half cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- :The Filling
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- One big minced onion
- 3 minced tomatoes
- 3/4 Kg minced meat
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of seven spices
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Sumac
- 6 tablespoons of Tahini
- 3 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
DIY Lebanese Spicy Meat Pie Recipe
- To make the dough, sift all the dry ingredients together
- In a bowl, beat the egg alone, then add it to the dough & start kneading
- Add Oil and warm water to the dough one by one while kneading, then keep kneading until the dough becomes coherent.
- Keep kneading for 5 minutes then roll the dough like balls then put it in a pot covering it with clean cloth; put the pot in a warm place until the dough gets bigger.
- In the meantime prepare the filling by putting the margarine in a pot on a medium fire
- Add the meat, onions; flavor it with the salt, and pepper
- Then add tomato and flavor it with spices
- Leave the meat until it’s cooked, then add the pomegranate molasses, and tahini, mix them together for a minute then turn off the fire.
- Add Lemon then leave it until the filling is cool
- Preheat oven to 190°F
- Add on the top of it a little bit of flour, and extend the dough then circulate it, and extend it using rolling pin
- Fill the dough with the filling then close the parties only, and keep it open from the middle
- Put it in tray and bake it in oven
- Bake it until it becomes light golden then turn off the oven and serve it.
How to Make The Lebanese Sfeeha Recipe
- Pomegranate molasses is a thick liquid made of condensed pomegranate juice. Its taste is very acidic with a bit of sweetness, and its dark red.
- The Seven Spices Are: Cinnamon, Black pepper, True cardamom, nutmeg, piper cubeba, ginger & dried clovers.