Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Learn how to make Roqaq with minced meat from the Egyptian kitchen with accurate ingredients and steps.
500 g. minced meat
500 g. Roqaq dough
2 medium onions, cut
2 tomatoes, grated
1 cup meat broth, large
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. spices
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. carnation, minced
1 tsp. ginger
- In a pan, fry the onions in butter then add the minced meat, grated tomato, spices and salt then leave over heat to be cooked.
- Oil a suitable tray with butter.
- Divide the amount of Roqaq dough into two parts. Put each Roqaq piece in warm broth to be soft.
- Put in one tray one over another and add the minced meat in the middle of Roqaq layers.
- Put the Roqaq layers over the minced meat as to have an equal number of layers above and below the minced meat.
- Put a molten tbsp. of butter after every three layers of Roqaq to be well cooked.
- After finishing, add two spoons of molten butter over the serving then put it in the oven to be cooked.
- Turn on the grill to cook the surface then get it out of the oven. Pour a cup of broth on the surface and leave to cool down.
- Cut the Roqaq then put in a serving plate and serve hot.
Serve hot and you can serve it with fried duck or chicken with French fires.
Each serving contains:
Fats (g.): 38
Saturated fats (g.): 15
Cholesterol (mg.): 103
Carbohydrates (g.): 76
Proteins (g.): 33