Grilled lamb leg in the oven
How to make lamb leg in the oven
Three kilos of lamb thigh.
6 Potato balls, peeled
6 Medium sized tomatoes
6 Green peppers
¼ Cup lemon juice.
A Teaspoon of black pepper.
1/2 Teaspoon of nutmeg.
¼ Cup of minced garlic
Two tablespoons of minced ginger
¼ Cup melted butter
3 Tablespoons of dried thyme.
2 Cups of yogurt.
2 Tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Wash the vegetables well and set aside.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a bowl, and put half of the mashed garlic into the seasoning and mix well.
- Make holes with the knife in the lamb leg, and put the rest of the mashed garlic in the holes, then distribute the seasoning on the lamb leg from all sides.
- Put the meat in a plastic bag with the seasoning, put it in the refrigerator, and leave it overnight.
- Cover a large baking tray with the baking foil, then place the vegetables on top of the baking foil.
- Add on top of the vegetables, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary.
- Pour a cup of water between the vegetables, and cover the tray well with baking foil, with the need to close it tightly
- Make plenty of holes with a fork over the baking foil, to allow the seasoning to get into the vegetables.
- Place the lamb leg over the vegetables covered with baking foil, and add a few sliced onions and garlic around it.
- Preheat the oven, and put it in the oven for 2 hours, taking care to watch it until done.
- Place in a serving dish with grilled vegetables, and serve hot.