How to make strawberry jam at home
1 kilo of strawberries
½ kilo of sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon of orange peel
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Wash the strawberries, and cut them into halves or quarters.
- Put strawberries in a deep saucepan, add sugar to the mixture and stir well until the ingredients are homogeneous.
- Put the pot on a medium heat for about an hour, until the strawberries start making juice, stir the contents well and make the fire quiet so that the water does not dry out.
- Add the lemon, orange peel and cinnamon and continue to stir and leave on the fire for an additional half hour.
- Keep stirring from time to time so that the strawberries do not stick to the bowl.
- When the water dries up and starts to hold together, remove from the heat and leave until it cools completely and pack in clean jars.