How to make Muhammara recipe
1 Cup of ground rusk
1 Grated onion
½ Cup chopped walnuts
4 Tablespoons cold water
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon of hot pepper molasses
1 Tablespoon of tahini
1 Teaspoon of sugar
Half a teaspoon of cumin
¼ Teaspoon salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix the walnuts, breadcrumbs and water in a bowl well.
- Add sugar, cumin, salt, black pepper, onion, tahini and hot pepper molasses, lemon juice and mix well.
- Place in a serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and serve alongside toasted bread or grilled dishes, if desired.
- Do not keep the muhammara for more than two days in the refrigerator.
- This dish is served as a type of spicy appetizer.