How to make pickled turnip
4 Large cups of water
1/4 Cup large coarse salt
1 Kilo of washed turnip
2 Beetroot washed
2 Tablespoons (tablespoon) sugar
- Cut turnips and beets into large pieces.
- Bring an airtight jar and put the turnip and beets in the jar.
- Put a saucepan on a medium heat, add water, salt and sugar for a while and leave it on the fire for 5 minutes.
- Pour water over the turnip and beet until it is completely covered.
- Close the jar well and leave it for 15 days or until we are sure that the pickled turnip is ready to eat.